Saturday, December 4, 2010

To all my Catalan friends

To all my catalan friends!

I wish, like I have seen many times this week, that you would stop reducing the characteristics of a nation to those of a football coach and player!
   
I'm tired of listening people saying: "Oh Mourinho and Ronaldo, well those are typically portuguese!". I listen to this in a bar while I'm having a morning coffee and it really gets on my nerves. I used to think that the Catalan people was interesting and capable of having a cultural value on its own, but now it appears to me that they merely live on the attempt of reducing their nationalistic frustration to their teams capability to win a football match!
  
Maybe football is not the most noblest sport on Earth and maybe you are wrong to establish such parallelisms.
  
If I look to Catalans through the window of FC Barcelona what is there to see? That the team which so proudly carries the UNICEF logo has decided support and went on to play some advertising matches, with a certain football team from Uzbekistan, property of the countries dictator daughter. A very nice young lady which is widely known for her capability of applying the most brutal treatment against political dissidents.

Is this greed for money (which we all know is typically Catalan personality trait)? That's typical Catalan, or am I wrong?
 
So please stop with the general critics on other peoples morals when yours is corrupt from the start, and specially if your terms of comparison are based on football!

No comments: